It's been awhile....

 
It's been awhile since I have posted anything. Typical. But, if you had the summer we just had, you wouldn't have been blogging either, unless of course it's your job.  Then maybe it would be more of a priority to you. To me, it's just fun and a way to jot some thoughts that I guess I think everyone else should know too. I also think it's a way for family and friends who don't live in the same state to keep up with what's really going on in our lives, other than the fluffy posts you see on Facebook.

Getting back into school mode is probably going to be the end of me. Mornings should really start at 9:00 and not at 5:30.  The kids have handled it well, I think. However, I'm not sure I will ever be a morning person and my night owlish ways have had to come to a complete and abrupt, harsh, screeching stop. My alarm goes off a full 30 minutes before I can even think about getting out of bed.
The poor kids are on their own until breakfast time and that's usually rushed through while Brent reads the Proverbs of the day. Well, we only actually made it for Proverbs twice this week. Maybe next week will be better.

My quiet time has suffered greatly. My brain doesn't fully function until about 7:20, by that time we have already driven to school and I'm standing in the cafeteria keeping sleepy children quiet. It's amazing we get to school at all. So I can tell you that reading or praying anytime before 7:00 usually results in sleep or is all a wash because I won't remember any of it.



Back in January, when I started this blog it was to keep me "accountable" for participating in Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts. That lasted, well like most of my "good intentions" not long. I made it through all of January and parts of February, less of March and I'm not even sure I've looked it since April. Maybe once or twice on a slow day.

Based on some factors and circumstances from 2012, I chose the word "joy" to be my word of the year. You know, where you study about joy, learn what joy is and isn't, memorize Bible verses, read books about joy, work to bring more of it into your life, etc. Well let me just tell you. I haven't really succeeded in all of that, not even 1/2 of it! I really wanted to print out the Joy Dare for August and put it on my desk at school, I haven't done that yet either! I was kinda ready to call it quits on this whole joy thing. But this morning I decided maybe it was still the right word for me for the year and I should try one more time.

Why? Well I'll tell you.

During the past 8 months, I have actually read one book on joy. I still read Ann's blog and she blogs a lot on joy and on grace. Beth Moore's study on James has several sessions on joy. I just finished the study actually. I started it in March. Not kidding. Today, I was up early. (getting up early for school has also throw off my sleep!) I finally got out of bed and decided to look over the new Sunday material that came in for the youth. Kim and I teach a class together. She's teaching today, so don't worry, not me! But wouldn't you know it, the first unit of the material is on James. They explore the whole in 6 lessons. Are. you. kidding. me?  And naturally the first lesson is on joy and trials.

It's been my experience that when the same thing, idea, verse, parable keeps coming up in your life, you really should be paying attention because God is talking. So I guess I missed some things the first time around in the James study with Beth. Actually since it took me 5 months to do a 9 week study, I'm sure I have forgotten a lot.  And here's my second chance. I'll take it.




Comments

melraqowe said…
I love ya! You can do it (says the girl who has trouble getting through any study period.) :)

Popular Posts