Before/After

This week was sort of a whirlwind. Brent was out of town for a few days, so my mom came to stay with us. Annnnd our kitchen was painted! Yippee!

I really love color in a house. When we bought this house, it had been sprayed once with the flattest paint know to man. If you don't know that means, flat paint means if you even look at the wall and a black mark, scuff, or crayon drawing will appear and it will not come off. EVER.

Magic erasers you say? Nope, just leaves a yucky oil stain.

The last house that we lived in had 8 rooms, we had 7 of them painted and I used 9 different colors! Plus, white for the closets. Our house now is mostly painted a neutral light brown. There are a few rooms that are a light pale green and two that are a neutral medium green color. So let's face it. This is not what I consider color.

A few months ago Brent and I painted the bathroom blue. It was such a dramatic change that it took me a few days to get used to it! I'm pretty sure I already posted a few pictures of it on here, but I can't find the post. Sorry.

This past Monday, our friend Scott painted the kitchen! He was so quick! It took 6 1/2 hours!











Thank you, Scott!

I love it! Now for a few new decorations and maybe some curtains! What do you think?


Comments

Janet said…
Definitely more color, and adds depth to your kitchen. I am not a big fan of lavandar or purple, but must say I love colors in a home. Our apartment is all, and yes I mean all, yellow. doors, cabinets, closets, walls etc!!
good job momma~

Popular Posts