Project Summer!

Project summer has begun! In my mind summer did not truly begin until Monday, June 4. Sort of a bad mindset, because school let out on May 22. I was not ready for summer to begin just yet. But last week was so great. The kids spent the week visiting both sets of grandparents all week. Brent and I were gone to on a trip with 7 of the high school seniors. We were glad for a break. The kids loved staying with their grandparents!

We are super busy this summer. Hopefully with swim lessons, swimming, VBS, art camp, WinShape Camp, a beach trip (hopefully!), church events each week, and I have my own things to at home with the kids.

My friend Amber is so creative and talented. She and her husband have a non-profit called His Voice Global. They travel a lot, so Amber homeschools their 2 boys. She blogged about some of her homeschool this year. Each week was a letter of the alphabet. I won't try to explain it all to you, you can check out her blog, she has it all documented there. I am following her outline, some of them to the "T" and some of them I am coming up with my own games, verses, books, movies, activities that suit our kids for that week. It's a little harder than I thought. I am doing a new letter on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. But it works out that each letter carries over into two days. That way Tuesdays and Thursdays work out so that we can do the extra activities and discuss more of the Bible verse. I hope to blog about the letters, the same way Amber did so you can keep up. Plus it keeps me a little more motivated to actually do it! The kids have really enjoyed letters A & B. It's still new, so I hope it last through the summer. If everything goes as planned letter Z should be the last week in July. That works out perfectly, since school starts early in August. It should be fun, as long as I can keep my patience!

Keep a look out for Project Summer and Chocolate on Tuesdays posts. Hope your summer is a blast!

Comments

Popular Posts