The Story of D and a Poem.

This is the short story of D and a poem for her written by Anna H. If you missed Anna’s Story last week- you can read it by clicking here: Anna’s Story 

Read it with Kleenex. 

“When she came to us in the morning with labor pains, we began with routine control of finding the baby’s heartbeat. We never found it. The delivery was long, painful. The baby was big and the shoulder was stuck. D had to be turned into different positions to lift the shoulder dystocia. D pushed for more than an hour when her baby finally arrived. Sadly, it was a still birth. After examination, it was determined that the baby probably died two days before the delivery. I wrapped the baby in a blanket and showed her to D. After some time had passed, I went to sit next to her and we spoke for a long time. Somehow through all of it, I saw hope.” 


A Poem for D. by Anna H.

“For us a case

For you, your child

Lifeless before your eyes

 

The strength you have showed is indescribable

You fought until the end

To deliver you child into this world

Even though your baby girl never took one breath

 

I cried for you

Because you will never see her smile

Or hear her calling you ‘mom’ 

But you are her mother 

And you will always be

  

I will remember you for the rest of my life

Your willpower and your calmness

In the most heartbreaking moment of your life

After the storm you are wrapped in blankets 

You are shaking of the fever

But still, I see a little spark in your eyes

You grab my hand

You were grateful we were here

That we fought for you too

 

There will be more women like you

That my heart will hurt for

But I promise to fight for them

Like you fought for your child.”



 

 

Comments

Popular Posts