Cody

Moving has lead to the downfall of this blog. We don't have internet at the house. It's actually quite frustrating and at the same time kind of nice. But I'd rather have it than not. So much has happend since I last blogged (a real blog, not just a bunch of pictures, even that's all you want to see haha!) I think blogging was theraputic for me.

The Monday after Thanksgiving Elizabeth and I loaded our sweet Cody buddy into Brent's Tahoe and took off for a 5 hour drive to take Cody to his new family. My parents kept Cody for us for as long as they could and when they said it's time for him to go please find a friend. The only friend I could think of was Amanda. I know that they will love Cody and care for him just as we would, probably better. We received Cody as a Christmas gift from my sister-in-law, April. He was such a sweet puppy and potty trained himself already! He did chew up the columns and eat a holes in my dad's sheetrock, along with his co-hort in crime, Hurley (our other Christmas puppy). But we all lived through that ordeal and Brent patched the sheet rock. Hurley was killed and Cody lived. He loves to run. He runs like lightning. He chases squirrels. He lounges on the couch, loves people (sometimes I think he, HE thinks he is a person!), loves to wrestle, plays fetch which turns into tug-of-war. He has soft black furr and loves to sit close and be petted. He's such a good friend. Loyal and always happy to see you. Cody was just mine and Brent's, he represented a time past. I would pet him or look in his eyes or play some and remember. I felt like myself with him. It was nice, peaceful. I really hope Cody is happy with new family and he loves it and I know it will be so much better than what we could give him right now. Thank you Amanda and David for taking him! It means a lot to us! I hope you enjoy him as much as we did!!

Last pic taken of Cody at our house in Alabama




Comments

April said…
I really like how you left out the part of how he was an unwelcomed christmas present that I got because I knew brent was getting you a puppy. Haha I'm glad we've all moved past it. :) I hope Cody loves his new home, and maybe one day you can get a new pet that will be all of yours. Love you guys!
Amanda said…
We LOVE him! He's settled in very well! We truly have nothing but wonderful things to say about him - and he's such a lover kind of dog - which is what we were hoping for!

Popular Posts