Decorating the tree

Christmas is almost here. I think we have all the presents bought. I never posted the pics of the kids decorating the tree. Here are a few below. They really enjoyed decorating.

So I'll be honest. The past 2 weeks have been really bad. Ben got in BIG trouble at school and Breanna had orange dots every day on her behavior calendar. The book we read said that holidays are often hard. Last night we all sat down around the table to talk about what was going on. I don't think the kids know what's going on. We talked to them about being adopted a little bit and if they knew why they were adopted. We brought that subject up because twice in the past week or two our oldest has said (to Brent) that he hates that we adopted him and brought him to America, among other things. That's just a bit of what's been going on. I can't blame him though. I would be mad as all get out if someone took me out of my country and put me somewhere else. So everyone is learning. Everyone says it gets better. Let's hope that's true. We are considering getting a family therapist/counselor sometime in January to help work through all the yucky. So just pray we find someone or that a miracle happens. We don't feel equipped enough to handle what they are dealing with in their mind.
We know they need love, but sometimes you need something else to go with it. Especially when the "love" is not there.

There are fun times together. Don't get me wrong. I usually feel like "Debbie Downer" on here. But this is what our life is right now. Maybe next year will be better! HAHA!! I think Christmas morning will be good and everyone will be glad to go to grandma's and nana's!! I think it's funny because we really go "over the river and through the woods" to grandmother's house!

I have two funnies from Breanna. The other night we were coming home from somewhere (it was just me and her) and all of a sudden a snort comes from the backseat and Breanna says "well there's a pig in our car!!" It was hilarious! I cracked up!! A minute later she makes another noise and says "well there's a sheep in our car!" It was so funny! I think she had one more animal noise and then we sang Old McDonald the rest of the way home. Sometimes she makes jokes like that and it's really funny.
Another day, Brent was taking them to see a big lake around here (they are driving down the road with trees everywhere) and apparently it was taking too long to get there and Breanna remarked "Gee that's a big lake!" So sarcastic and too funny. Everyone was laughing really hard.
Silly girl - who can be so sweet.

Anyway's enjoy the pics. I won't get to post anything till after Christmas Day.








Benjamin got to put the star on top of the tree this year.
Of course, Breanna's turn is next year. :)


Candy tree upstairs in the bonus room.
I bought it this year and got all candy ornaments. They even had letters in cookie design.
I like it.

Fisher Price Nativity set. The kids love it. Especially Elizabeth. If you push down on the angel Away in a Manger plays.
Elizabeth SMACKS it and dances while the music plays. When the music stops, she SMACKS it again and dances.
Rinse. Repeat. :)


These are the angels my grandmother made. The boy angel fell and broke. :(

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth" John 1:14

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


Comments

bobsblog said…
I can only imagine how hard it is. We did the interim and they were sometimes very upset with not being with their "Mom" but always settled in. But being in a country where everyone speaks English, and where they don't see the things they are used to, or eat the things they are used to. I'm sure it is even harder for them. But I also know that this would not have come together for them if God had not planned it for them, and I know you are part of His big plan, and I can't wait to see what he does for you and for them in the next year. Thank you for being so honest and for caring enough to really care what happens with them.
May God bless you with a wonderful Christmas, and praying that you will find the right solution for all this!!!
In Christ's love and grace.
Janet

Popular Posts