June's Joy Dare, Days 1 and 2


I've been at mom's the past few days. I thought I would have more time to blog. I should have known. We have been so busy!

June crept in while we were here. How did that happen?!

So naturally to start off here are the first few days of the June Joy Dare

June 1 - three gifts orange:
1. an orange flower in dad's flower beds

2. orange scissors - mom is helping me sew an aparon for Bre
(hint: the last time I used a sewing machine was probably in high school)



3. I don't know. I did the June 1st Joy Dare in all of 5 minutes because I looked at it on the evening of June 2 and I still had to search for June 2's topics!


June 2 - three gifts funny

My first thought: did I even laugh today? Um....it was nearly 6 o'clock in the evening and if I was just now discovering that I hadn't laughed that day....well that's bad.

I skipped church that evening, cooked a frozen pizza for 2 noisy girls and 1 noisy nephew and then we climbed in the car and headed for the local DQ.



I think this is the largest pizza slice ever for a 4 year old!


There were actually funny things that happened during the trip and the day was saved! Laughter from everyone and I found my 3 gifts funny!

1. The kids kept saying how the new car is "awesome" because it has a sunroof and the back windows roll all the way down. That's very important in kid world. Who wants to ride next to a window that only rolls half way down??

2. Leaving the drive-thru order to regroup because 1 kid was crying, 1 kid couldn't decide what she wanted and the other kept asking, very loudly I might add, why the kid #1 was crying. It took a full 5 minutes to stop the tears and 10 extra minutes to decide on the order. Waay to much drama over ice cream if you ask me!

3. Laughing with my mom while explaining the details of the trip.

After watching Beethoven and staying up too late for little ones who have to get up early for VBS, that was the end of the day. Thank goodness!

Comments

Popular Posts