A shopping trip

This past week Brent was out of town. I felt that it was an appropriate time to take the girls shopping. But seeing as I was the only adult at home and we are trying to save some vacation money, I had to make the adult decision. So I loaded up the girls with their wallets and headed to Good Will.



You know, you have to start them young.
In this college town, you can find some fancy things for 94% less than the original price.  Of course, they are all small and extra small because apparently that's the only size all college girls wear now, but hey, if that's your size, then you can get an Anthro sweater for $3.99! I will give you a high-five and stick to the other sizes.

Side Note: I really enjoy the mug aisle. If I ever opened a coffee house, I would have a plethora of electic mugs for customers to choose from in which to drink their coffee. Wouldn't that be fun!


Back to our trip, after 35 minutes of meadering, we came out winning!


An Anna doll (for a dollar!)
A pink puppy dog
A blue tinted martini glass
2 ceramic tiles for a project I'm testing out
2 books
2 mini lighthouses

NOTE: I usually have a strict no used stuffed animal policy. But I decided to throw caution to wind and let her get it. Plus, she was using her own money and the agreement was the puppy (and Anna) would get a bath as soon as we got home.

NOTE #2: the martini glass is for the 6-year-old. What can I say? She likes to be fancy. (She has used it for every meal since she purchased it)

It was a nice afternoon for us. The girls loved it.

Do you have any fun thrift store stories?



Comments

Bonnie Nichols said…
I found 8 beautiful hand painted pheasant glasses for my sister's cabin for $6.00. They came from the Oxford Goodwill. I also found a wonderful basket for all of my vinegars for $4.00. A much cheaper and smaller basket was $20 at Wal-Mart.

Popular Posts