Colee 4077

So we went camping this week.
Sight along the way - it was about 2.5 hour drive.
It’s so weird, because it felt like the weekend and not Monday - Wednesday. 

Camping was really good. No phone service for us, so that was even better. Haha! We took a boat to Bunyonyi Island and then about died carrying our belongings up a mountain side to get to the campsite. 

Waiting on our boat




Sights along the boat ride





Arriving at the campsite dock

Our boat and driver
Tree at the top of the mountain
We stayed in a tent. I am pretty sure it was used in the TV show, MASH. Well probably not, but it could have been! I watched that show a zillion times.












As you can tell from the photos, the toilet and shower were outside! So that means, if we wanted a hot shower, we needed to let the campground keepers know and they would start a fire under the water barrel In order for the shower to be hot. Guess who was the only one who took a shower in my family? Me. Just me. On Tuesday morning, I decided to just for the experience! I have never laughed so much during a shower. It was so cold, but refreshing at the same time! 

Tuesday afternoon, about 17 of us took a boat to Adventure Island. They have a ropes course that ends with a zip line across a small part of the lake. So fun. But honestly, all my arm muscles and hands sort of hate me right now. My upper body is seriously lacking in strength. 
Breanna and I finished each level and it was fun to do the ropes course together. 











The camping trip was a “see ya later” trip for one the families in the missionary community. The Martin’s have lived here for 12 years. They are now returning to the States in a few weeks.  We have only known this family for a few weeks, but I wish we could have known them longer. The other families we have met are just as wonderful and we are really enjoying getting to know them more. They have been such a help and an encouragement to us, even in the short time we have been here. I am so thankful we will get to know them even more in the coming months. 
























On the way to and from the campsite we stopped by a resort with a restaurant called, Bird’s Nest. Whoa. They have really good food and some great local crafters and artists. The painter had the studio all set up for visitors to look and even watch him work. 












I know these photos are out of order, but let's be honest, I took them on my phone and it was crazy trying to get them all in order once they uploaded. HAHA! 

Comments

Popular Posts