A Colorful Ebenezer

One day I was driving to pick up Elizabeth and Breanna from some friends who live close to our favorite shopping center, the Golf Course. You'll be glad to know that the Golf Course Grocery is right near an actual golf course.

Side Note: you must leave the country and learn to drive on the left side of the road. It's blast and so funny. Driving here brings laughter and frustration because there are so many stinking cars and bodas and speed bumps and pot holes - I hate those things. They are EVERYWHERE. But after awhile you just have to laugh.

So back to picking up the kids. I know lots of you pray as you drive, me too. I was by myself and just sort of talking out loud to God and telling Him that I know we made the right move to live here. I wasn't doubting our move at all or why we were here. It has been the best thing ever.
But I was a little worried that maybe we were supposed to be doing something else that we might have missed seeing or were we on the right track, just checking in to make sure we are not off base.
I don't want to miss a thing. I honestly can't remember all of what I said in our talk that day, just the gist of it. I know I asked if He could let us know if we were on the right track or something to that effect.

I got girls and we stopped by the Golf Course (because we basically live there - well before quarantine HA!) And when we turned right to go to the main road, there was a rainbow. Right smack in my face. It was just a piece of it, but you could see all the colors. I haven't seen a lot of rainbows here, even though it does rain often. That rainbow was in the perfect spot at the perfect time. I know God hears everything we think and say and right then, I felt like He answered my earlier questions of being on the right track or not in what we were doing here, with a yes. With love, with a hug, with an "I'm with you", an "I hear you", with a reminder that He keeps His promises (even when I'm not sure what the promises are sometimes). I will never forget seeing that rainbow. I think my heart jumped and I stopped the car in the middle of the road as I told the girls to look at the rainbow. Then I took a photo of it. I knew it need to be remembered. An Ebenezer and it was so colorful! I probably smiled all the way home.

I have a few other things from over the years that I have kept that are Ebenezer's to us. Those are my favorite items in our house (well right now they are in boxes) I don't know what you do, but mark your Ebenezer's in some way to remember God's faithfulness to you. They will be a constant joy and encouragement.

Phone pictures can't really capture how bright and bold it was. Or maybe it was just me.












Comments

Popular Posts