A Rainy Thursday

It's raining this morning. I love rainy mornings. I especially love this rainy morning because E is still asleep! She is such a bear if she wakes up too early. So this little post can be a little lighthearted and not really about anything.

Speaking of anything......

Sometimes the kids are so funny with their English. One of my favorites is their use of the word "anything" instead of using the word "nothing". We can say "what are you doing?" and the reply will be "anything". Or "what did you do today?" and again they will say "anything".
I know we should probably correct them. But it's kinda cute.

A few weeks ago when we went to Chucky E Cheese, Ben was trying to tell us about something that happened at Morning Star or something a girl there did and Bre kept saying "WHO???" and then all of a sudden she said, "oh yes, I know her." Benjamin did not believe her and kept insisting that she didn't know who he was talking about and she kept insisting that she did! It was getting pretty funny, then finally Ben said, "okay! then what color is her hair?!!!" LOL!! At this point Brent and I lost it. We laughed so hard! It was even funnier because they had no clue why we were laughing. Even when we tried to explain, they didn't really get it.  (most Peruivans have brown eyes, brown hair, and brown skin).

Speaking of hair............

I am thinking about this cut for myself. Maybe that's pretty short and I never know if short hair will work, because I have curly hair. Maybe. Maybe not. Too bad it won't make me look like Katie Cruise though. :)


Thoughts???

Comments

Janet said…
We are working on English here too and so often the girls will talk of "Olenka" and how well she was doing with her English. Our new little girl, Perla, is trying so very hard to learn English, and she is such a perfectionist. She will be there before we know it.
I love the hair cut but usually when I do the picture thing and then get the cut, it isn't the same as the picture, hope you love the new You.
Tell the kids we send our love if it won't cause too much confusion there.
Heard the good news about the new family being formed. Thank you for your help with this, I know the kids will be so blessed.
Love you guys,
Janet
kim_dejager said…
I love reading your blog and we are still praying for all of you. I love the haircut, it's really nice, I think it would look great on you. Hopefully it will turn out as you want it. Thanks for all the pics you post of the kids. It's wonderful to see the changes in them. Love to all of you from us DeJagers.

Popular Posts