School Projects

Well they don't waste any time getting school projects going, do they? Breanna had to make a family tree. Hilarious - because everyone else just stuck their leaves on the brown tree. What did we do? We cut out the brown tree, glued it to a HUGE white piece of paper and put pictures on it. You should see it in the classroom. It makes me laugh a lot!

She also had to make an All About Me book and answer about 12 questions.

*** Let me just take this moment to say that I am not going to be a good school mom.***

Wher teacher sent home this newsletter about important dates, what they were studying that week and sight words, and other into, I thought that the one single line that said: all about me books due Sept. 7 meant it was an actual book that maybe they were reading in class. Never once did I think it was something I had to make, until 2 days before the project was due when I found a piece of paper (front and back) explaining a little bit about what to do! Lovely. After a panicked phone call to my mom, we got it pulled together. I have to confess - it is not my greatest work. Yes, Breanna did most of the writing and decorating and drawing. We glued and cut together. But it's not my most proudest creation ever. Here is the front cover:


If Breanna is going to do something, it's going to have sparkles, flowers, and whatever else that is pretty with bling.

******************************************************
Benjamin has actually only had one school project. They were studying musical instruments. I can only assume this because he had to make a homemade instrument. I knew he would want to make a drum because he loves the drums. But I asked him just in case he wanted a shaker or something else. I was right, it was a drum. I panicked because of the bomb All About Me book and called my mom (again) who has much experience at kid projects and does them excellently. She had some material and a tin can to use for the drum. When we got home tonight, Ben said "I know something!" and ran upstairs. He came back down with my hat box that held some of Elizabeth's toys. I wasn't sure about using, but he was right, it would be the perfect drum. So I folded and he and Brent set about to make le drum. It turned out fabulous! He is so proud of it.






After this picture, he added red fabric to the ends of the dowel rods to make the drumsticks bigger.


Breanna wanted to get it on a photo

Elizabeth playing with the extra fabric.


Speaking of school, on this day 10 years ago, I was at college, standing in my dormroom bathroom brushing my teeth when my suitemate burst through the door on phone with her dad yelling for us to turn on the TV. I think my roommate was just waking up. The TV turned on in time for us to see the second plane fly into the towers.  I think we still had classes that day, but I don't think anyone said very much. I think there was plently of praying. 
 I hope that healing has been found for the lives that were affected by this tragdey.

Comments

Popular Posts