Regression

I read this quote on a blog that I like to keep up with every now and then. She said: "Steps forward are permanant, regessions are temporary." What a good reminder. Why? Because WOW! the kids have regressed. I didn't think it would be so much though. Elizabeth stepped back into her tantrums of screaming that she did when were in Peru and waking up at least 2 times a night screaming. Maybe night terrors have begun, I'm not sure. Benjamin went back to Spanish and shutting down, Breanna went back to blank stares and not being aware of anything! I think Brent and I even regressed!On top of all that there was sickness. We still forget that they are so new to a family and America. I feel like they should know how to act in situations when they don't because they have never experienced it. It's almost like having to teach 2 year old triplets!

I had to go back and clean the old house and do a jewelry show. When we were finished cleaning, I walked Elizabeth through the house and we said good-bye to each room. I thought she must be so confused about where she is living that maybe if she said bye to the old house she would get the idea that we were leaving and she has a new house to go to with Papi, Ben and Bre. We also spent a few days at my moms, so some Nanna time helped her! She's calmed down some now, so maybe it worked. Probably the medicine that she has helped her feel better too!

School is going relatively well. It's only the second week. I have a funny story to tell you in another post. The downside is having to get up so early!

We are still trying to set up the new house. It is so slow. But one day we will get there!


Good-bye old house! Thank you!

picture taken in side mirror as we leave



Hello new house! 


2nd viewing of our house

Comments

Popular Posts