Craft Time

A few months ago my mom and I went to a few consignment sales. Honestly, I find them overwhelming. But I found this bow for the Elizabeth (i actually bought 2, the other was pink):



So cute, eh? I thought so. They were a perfect fit for her little self.
Just big enough to keep her hair out of her face and little enough not to over power her head.
I paid $3.00 for each barrett. I thought someone took the time to handmake the little thing. UNTIL I went to Hobby Lobby and I was wandering down a craft asisle, when suddenly I saw them! Six bows just like the ones I bought at the consignment sale. Six bows for $4.99 and I paid $3.00 for ONE! GASP!! Seriously. Well that just did not sit well with me. So I bought the items below, along with barretts and and headbands and made my own. Way cheaper than buying them!
I pulled out some craft supplies from home and popped in a movie and went to work making some barretts. The girls love them. Breanna especially loves the butterflies.


Here are a few of the finished products:


Moral of the story: it's cheaper to do it yourself.


Comments

Popular Posts