Food for Thought


Sometimes when I read a book like this I feel like I need to write out my thoughts and my response so I know what I want to do with this new knowledge/thoughts. 

The notes app on my phone has come in very handy. Since I don't keep a journal with me, I just whip out my phone and let my thumbs type out my thoughts before I forget them! 

Therefore this post was actually written last week, but it is just now being posted to the blog. 

 I have mulled over chapter 1 (food) for a few days and I feel like I have figured out what I want to try. It's actually nothing of sacrifice or great spiritual importance, but I have got to do something about the food issue in our house. 

See I like to eat, but cooking is not my greatest talent. Or maybe it's that I don't enjoy cleaning up the mess. Even when then Mowgli children arrived, I wasn't magically granted the gift of whipping out a spread of healthy, delicious food.  Honestly, some days I wonder how we've survived. 

I have been seeing all new rage about clean eating. Thank you, Pinterest. I was rather curious about it and thoughts about eating clean were intriguing. 

We got to visit with our families this weekend and my sister 
in law, Brittany, is really good at figuring out how to "eat clean" . She told us about it and even sent me her menu and recipes for the week. I signed up for www.dashingdish.com the next week. So chapter one results: try to eat clean. 

With that decided, I feel like I can move on to chapter 2!  Clothes! 

Comments

Popular Posts