Five Minute Friday

Write for five minutes. Don't worry much with editing, spelling, grammer. Write on the topic given by Lisa Jo Baker. Link to her blog.  GO!

This is my first Five Minute Friday. You can probably tell, I tend to freak out if something is timed. But here goes nothing:

"Clearly, I can do nothing!" Were the words that came out of my mouth. I was walking and praying/complaining. As soon as I said them, the verse: "apart from Me you can do nothing" came to mind.

 I can't do this mommy-thing. That's what I was really complaining about.

But God says abide Him. He says to ask for wisdom. He is our ever-present help. He is the vine and we are the branches. "In Him, we live and move and have our being."

Our life is nothing without God. He is everything.

If I were to abide in God each day, perhaps I would have an easier time giving up control. Did you know I was a control-freak? I used to laugh at my boss for being a Tyep A personality. Maybe that's me.

I can control nothing about this mommy-thing. But If I abide in Him, I can do it. He said, all things were possible with Him.

Abiding in Him doesn't mean it will be perfect, but it will be possible.

I am nothing. God is everything.


Comments

Tricia said…
Welcome to Five Minute Friday! Well done! :)
Unknown said…
I think you're a good mommy :)
You've done like 13 years of mommy-ing in the past 3 years with children you didn't know and I have so much respect for you for that.

I love you guys and you two inspire me. Just thought I would let you know :)
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karyn B said…
Just stopping by from FMF. It was my first post as well. Your first words struck a chord. I have a difficult time with time as well. Thanks for posting.

Popular Posts