On Moving: House Hunting

House Hunters, House Hunters International, My First Place, I think there are a few more house shows I could add to list. I've watched them all at some point in my life. Then finally it's our turn to house hunt! I was pretty excited about it. Although, now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it was the house hunting I was excited about or the 12 hour kid-free day. Hmmmm? Anyway. I'm not good at making decisions. I only need about 3 choices. Our realtor (who is FABULOUS by the way) emailed us about 20+ houses online to check out. We picked about about 6 or so to look based on what we knew we wanted in a house.

Let me pause to say, that even though I am indecisive, I knew exactly what I wanted in a house. I had a list about 12 miles long. I am also very funny about houses. I have this thing about who has lived there and what has taken place in that house. One house we were touring had 2 Buddha heads over the master bathroom door. I knew instantly that we were not going to be living in that house!

One Friday, Brent and I took off to check out the house list. When we arrived, our realator had printed out 36 more! WHAT!?!?! If she only knew of my indeciviness and the overwhelmed feeling I had, she probably would have saved some copy paper! Honestly, it was sort of easy to narrow the choices. I think it was because of my list. Some houses when we got to the house, I knew it wasn't our house.

After 7 hours of looking at houses (we only wanted to go look one time) there were 2.5 houses that we thought were the best. By the time we got home late that night we had narrowed it down to 2.
Here are a few pros from each house:

Choice One:                                                                              
Subdivision.                                                                           
One level, with a bonus room.                                                
4 bedrooms.  Each kid could have their own room!               
Bonus room could make a 5th room/office.                           
Concrete and a garage.                                                            
Lots of children in that neighborhood                                     
Safe and the kids could ride bikes                                           

Choice Two:
Out in the country a bit - like we are now
One level with a bonus room
Three bedrooms - girls still share
Bonus room - play/tv/guest room
Concrete and a garage
Close to the lake with a park
Trees

There were cons with both houses. We thought it about all day the next day, we both decided house number 1 would be the best house. So we inquired. There is still the tiny little problem - our house hasn't sold yet. We would have to do a lease-purchase. This couple in house 1 was in desparate need to sell and could not do a lease-purchase, so out with choice number 1 and in with choice number 2! It wasn't a big deal. But as this house buying process has continued house number 2 is definately the best house for us! No one has ever lived in this house before so there isn't any trouble with what happened in the house or what was allowed in and it is the cheapest house - due to a foreclosure.
I'm really thankful that God saved this house for us! I can't wait to live in it.

I would have to say that house hunting for us was an overall enjoyable experience!


Next up: On Moving: The kids.

Comments

Kelly said…
So glad you guys have found a place! :) We are praying for you all and for your house to sell ASAP.

Popular Posts