Cupcake Brownies

They say an elephant never forgets. Elizabeth is part elephant, she never forgets either. Last night I wanted to make dinner with Breanna. You know, a little one on one time. (which never happnes at our house)

I thought I would try to bribe Elizabeth to let me make dinner with just Breanna by offering to make this new brownie recipe I saw on Hungry Girl a few weeks ago with just her.  She wouldn't have it, and Ben eventually shuffled into the kitchen and Breanna's one on one time faded into the sunset. However, the four of us did have a good time making dinner.


We never did get arond to making those brownies. Poor Elizabeth must have asked me at least 20 times last night when we could make "cupcake brownies" as she kept calling them. So what do you think happened first thing this morning? You guessed it, Elizabeth wanted to make the brownies. I gave in.

Bashan introduced me to Hungry Girl a few weeks ago. She had a recipe for Devil's Food Cake using canned pumpkin.

 
I hate pumpkin. Canned pumpkin did not sound any better, but it was supposed to be healthy and take the place of the water, oil, and eggs. It was worth a try, as least once.

So, at 8:15 this morning, Elizabeth finally got to make her "cupcake brownies".

 
 
Excited about her cupcake brownies:
Waiting:
 

 
 
Time for the taste test!
 
First you inspect the food:
 
 
 
Then you close your eyes and take a big bite!
 
 
It wasn't love at first sight:

 
 
Round Two! Much better. Yum.
 
 
As for me, I think they could grow on you, but I'm not the biggest fan. Maybe if I added frosting to the top! Ben like them. Brea said she would try on in the morning. Best part, they really are guilt free. I know they are good for the kids, so I don't mind if they eat them!
 
 

 

Comments

Natasha Murphy said…
This is so sweet...and your kiddos are adorable!

Popular Posts