Birthday Party

I know it's late. I don't really want to sleep. I have a lot of thoughts in my head. They are a little too deep for this blog, so we will talk about other thoughts.

There is a birthday approaching and one little girl will turn 6.
The desired theme for the party: princess. No suprise there. Before we adopted 2 little girls. I really didn't want anything princess-y AT ALL. Well that all went out the window, or should I say fell into the moat. Even though she enjoys Power Rangers, inspecting bugs very closely and then stomping on them, climbing trees, and riding her bike through the mud - our little 5-year-old loves princesses. Aurora being the favorite. In fact, she even wanted to change her name to Aurora. I guess we could have called her Rory, but seriously, do you really want to put the name Aurora on a scholarship application? I don't think so.

You should know I have since embraced princess-land. But I don't necessarily encourage it.

Okay, back to the party theme. We ventured out to Hobby Lobby.  Lo and behold there were no Disney princesses to be found! We found some cute princess stuff with carriages and castles. A princess wand and crown, balloons, pink and purple crepe paper all found their way into the cart. I should not forget to tell you about the castle-shaped cake kit. Seriously. I'm not kidding. I'm really glad we are having a princess party. But a castle cake?  It's a kit, so maybe it's dummy-proof. We'll see how it goes. We might end up with a cupcake tree!


I spent a few minutes looking at Pinterest for some ideas. I think these would be lovely, don't you?

from here

from here

Comments

Popular Posts