City Sights

Tonight at bedtime, Hugo asked me how long we have been here. It's been seven days. It's hard to believe that one week ago, we were boarding a plane to go home. I'm so thankful we were able to finish early. I'm also thankful we were able to spend most of our time in Chiclayo. I know you read about the plane ride home, hahaha! I'm glad that's over! :) So now we are trying to be a family. I would much rather things happen on microwave time and not crock pot time! haha! I have reminded myself of that a lot this week. It takes time, it's a process, it's okay, slow down..breathe. HAHA! I know some of you are smiling and chuckling to yourself. :) So it's gonna take time to feel like a family.

The kids are okay. I don't really know how they are really doing. I wish I could get into their head. They are scared at night a lot. They are scared snakes are coming into the house. Cesia wakes up crying once or twice each night. Hugo told me tonight that in September and in December he won't be scared.

We  went to church Sunday. We came in a little bit late to the second service. I brought a magna doodle for Cesia, so that kept her busy. She likes to have her hands traced and then traces everyone else's hands. Olenka got bored and kept asking when we could leave. Hugo, looked sad. We sat in the very back. He went to the very end of the row (which is in a corner). I sat by him. I know he had a hard time understanding what was going on, but I also know he was missing church at Morning Star. It's so different here. I kinda like the Morning Star church time. They start about 2:00 in the afternoon (sunday is market day) and everyone brings a dish so you eat lunch together and then there is a joint worship time, a break, the Lord's Supper, a break and Sunday School, then just hanging out. You have to end before the mosquitos come out! But I know Hugo missed it a lot.
This week at our church is Vacation Bible School. We took the kids tonight. They had a blast. The first thing Hugo said when he got in the car was "mi primero amigo, Cody." He made his first friend tonight, Cody. Cody and his family attend our church, so they will be buddies. He mentioned Cody again at bedtime, he is so proud to have a new friend. I asked Olenka and she said she made 2 friends. When I asked her their names she replied, "I don't know." HAHA! Guess she is just glad to have some girls to play with that are around her age.

Tomorrow is another day. So we will see what it holds. Good night!

Below are some city sights from Peru. I don't have any new pictures to post. I'll try to get some this week.
View in Lima from our first hotel stop


vegatable and fruit vendors were everywhere


Fishing



A local market



Motos - Brent wants to make one of these


This was the only donkey we saw


Hope he doesn't have far to go!

Window washers and people selling items were at most red lights
For a just a small price they will wash your window, sometimes even
if you don't want them to wash it!



This is a cemetary







We heard that ice cream came to Peru about 4 years ago
Hope you enjoyed this tiny tour. There are some pictures I found to post about a place we went to in Lima, so I will post those soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts