There is no joy in Mudville......

That's about how we feel. We struck out. Or I guess rather we don't know what to do. Today was a BAD day. There have been other bad days, but this one just happens to be the one I am blogging about. (I know, I ended that sentence in a prepostition! haha!!) Thankfully Cesia-Isabelle went to asleep during most of all of this mess.

Today Hugo got mad because he had to share the pencils in his room with Olenka. When we were talking about sharing and loving our sisters, he stated that he didn't love Olenka. He hasn't spoken to us since about 12:00 and ripped up some pictures of him and his sisters that he got in the mail from a girl who had visited the orphanage and ripped up the picture of me and Brent that we put in his room. He might have ripped some pictures up of his friends, but I couldn't tell who was in the all of the pictures. He would not do a single thing I said and does not seem to have much respect for women. Maybe that is a culture thing, I really don't know. Maybe it's just him and his past. I wound up calling Brent at work (i really hated that) and he came home and tried to talk to Hugo, but Hugo just stared at him like he was an alien from outer space.  He pretty much put on the silent treatment to us, but talks and sings to himself, sometimes loudly, sometimes quietly. Obviously he is hurting and wants us to know how much he is hurt. But we have no idea how to handle him or what to do when he gets mad this way. It makes us incredibly furious. This is typical behavior for when he is angry.

We thought that our first post-placement visit was this week and we were going to speak to our social worker about these outbursts, but she need to reschedule till after the 4th. I think Brent sent and email to someone at the orphanage to ask for some help or something.

Brent is making supper and I just got back from running a few errands. Hugo and Olenka are writing or drawing in the sunroom and Cesia-Isabelle is somewhere in the middle of them making a mess.

So maybe this is TMI on the blog, but maybe you can pray more informed.

Casey at the Bat
Maybe baseball season will end better this year.

Comments

Christy said…
Hang in there! Praying for better days!
bobsblog said…
Sorry it took so long. I almost missed your post it had been so long since you posted. In my dealings with Hugo the best thing was to stand firm and let him know you are in charge. If you give him and Olenka too an inch they will want a mile.
Lots of love and firmness.
Bob
Vicky T said…
Wow,I am a little late reading this, but I will be praying for you all. Hugo's emotions are probably really confused right now. As for the previous blog about the snakes. I dreamed most nights of snakes when I was a little girl, usually the same dream. It was terrifying, but I grew out of it in a few years...at least up til now...headed to bed now, will see! Seriously. Haven't had that dream in many many years! No lasting scars! Much love to your family!

Popular Posts