May 31, 2011

***Okay - Seriously! I had pictures uploaded on here and then the whole computer shut down and I had to start all over. GRRRR!!!!! My time at the internet cafe is running short. I will try tomorrow.***
Yesterday we headed to Pucala, where Hugo was born. We had to register him and get his new birth certificate. It was a pretty good trip. We saw the first burrow and wagon yesterday in Pucala. Tom went to Tumbes last night to get the girl’s birth certificates.
Sugar cane and rice are a big product produced here. We finally got some pictures as we were going down the road.
On Monday, we went to the beach. I know you are thinking that we are really on vacation. I think you are right! Olenka learned how to play to hopscotch. We also tried playing tic-tac-toe in the sand, but she hasn’t grasped the concept that you cannot move the other person’s rock yet!  I guess you could say she plays to win! Haha! The waves were huge and very swift.  I think they do a lot of good surfing here during their summer.
Tonight we will have a huge good-bye party with everyone at Morning Star. We are going to a restaurant. There will be a lot of us! I am sure it will be a great time! But also sad.
I don’t know if you get bored just reading these sometimes short, sometimes long posts. But help us remember what we did each day! We probably should be writing in some kind of journal too, but there is no time for that right now. We have some really good pictures and some funny videos. I can’t wait to put those on here as soon as we are in Lima. I think our hotel there has Wi-Fi. 
Guess we’ll see you in Lima!!

Comments

Popular Posts